Unmanaged Personal Computers and Devices
Dartmouth-Hitchcock physicians and staff are encouraged to use computers and devices that are managed and maintained by D-H User Support to perform the duties required of their positions.
However, there may be times when you need to use an "unmanaged" or personal computer or device to check your email, or engage in other work activities. Secure Access allows you to run various D-H computer programs and access D-H files from personal computers or devices in a way that does not compromise the organization's commitment to privacy and security.
In order to use Secure Access on a personal computer or device for the first time, you need to install a plug-in.
Install the Secure Access plug-in
- Click on the link to download the Citrix Receiver client.
- The following popup window will appear. Click Save and save the file to your desktop.
- When the download is complete, double click the file to start the installation.
- When installation is complete, you will see a message on your screen.
- Now you are ready to connect to the D-H network using Secure Access.
If you save patient health information (PHI) to a personal computer, or any device that is not managed by D-H User Support, you are exposing the organization to the risk of a data breach, should that computer or device become lost or stolen. You can protect your patients' PHI, and D-H, by encrypting any electronic patient information that you save to a personal computer or device.