Skip to main content
Dartmouth-Hitchcock logo
Taking Care In This Section

Work-Related Injuries, Illnesses, & Exposures

Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers evaluations, treatments, and referrals to employees who suffer an injury, become ill, or incur an exposure to a chemical or biological agents (blood fluids, communicable disease) during the course of performing their regular job duties.

What to do if you are injured at work

  • Report the incident to your supervisor.
  • Complete a Report of Injury (ROI) as soon as possible. You can get this form from your supervisor.
  • Seek medical treatment as you feel necessary. You may choose to see your primary care provider for care or Employee Health. Please call Employee Health to schedule an appointment, or seek care in the Emergency Department as needed, if Employee Health is closed.

If you choose to be treated in Employee Health:

  • Acute injury - Call for urgent appointment.
  • Non-acute - Call for appointment.
  • New Hampshire and non-New Hampshire workers' compensation forms will be completed and given to the employee (minor first aid injuries excluded).  Employees are instructed to bring the form to their supervisors for review.

If you choose to be treated by a provider outside of Employee Health: 

  • Workers' compensation form must be completed by treating provider. Please note: your provider may not be familiar with workers' compensation forms. When you schedule your appointment, please tell your provider that your injury is work related.
  • Employees review completed form with their supervisor.

Related Pages

Contact Us