DHMC EAP Online Presentations
The DHMC Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is now offering educational presentations online for you to view at your convenience. Each program has a brief survey for you to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your letting us know what you think.
Recorded by Sue Song, PhD, August, 2015
Watch the recording of Effective Communication
This workshop is designed to help you increase effectiveness in communicating with others. It offers a step-by-step method in preparing for difficult conversations. After viewing this presentation you will:
- Understand the barriers in communicating effectively, and why difficult conversations are so hard.
- Be introduced to the D.E.A.R.M.A.N. approach to effective communication.
- Learn about a helpful communication tool, the "feedback sandwich".
Eustress. Distress. We all Stress. Let's De-Stress.
Recorded by Shiri Macri, MA, LCMHC, September, 2014
Watch the recoring of Eustress. Distress. We all Stress. Let's De-Stress.
This webinar is designed for those who want to understand the stress process and learn ways to help de-stress in their daily lives. In this session, you will learn:
- What a stress reaction is and why it happens.
- How to create a stressor response.
- How to change Distress to Eustress.
- Exercises to help De-Stress.
Introduction to Mindfulness
Recorded by Sue Song, PhD, March, 2015
Watch the recording of Introduction to Mindfulness
This workshop will provide an introduction to various mindfulness methods and approaches. Participants will have an opportunity to explore a sampling of different mindfulness activities. After viewing this presentation, participants will:
- Be able to identify and practice mindfulness stances and attitudes.
- Have the opportunity to experience the benefits of mindfulness practice.
- Gain skills to start practicing mindfulness exercises.
Managing Worry and Stress
Recorded by Steve Cole, PhD, for a live audience at D-H Lebanon, July, 2014
Watch the recording of Managing Worry and Stress
This webinar is designed for those who want to understand the worry process and learn ways to help reduce stress in their daily lives. In this workshop, you will learn:
- The difference between productive and unproductive worry.
- How our perceptions contribute to anxious feelings.
- Ways to change worried thinking.
- Actions to take to help reduce worry and stress.
- Health Improvement and Employee Wellness
- Live Well/Work Well Primary Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Care Express
- DHMC (Lebanon)
- D-H Concord, Manchester, & Nashua
- Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Occurrence Reporting
- Employee Feedback