This page contains forms and articles of interest for anyone responsible for supervising, managing or leading at DHMC. Please note that some links are only accessible within the DHMC network.
If you are referring someone you supervise to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), please download and review this form, then:
- Email it to the EAP at DHMC.Employee.Assistance.Program@hitchcock.org, OR
- Send a hard copy through inter-departmental mail, OR
- Call ... if it's easier to talk through the situation with the counselor, call (603) 650-5819 to share the information.
You may request verification from the EAP that the supervisee followed through on your referral. If you do not hear from the counselor in a couple of weeks after your referral, it means one of two things has happened:
- The supervisee did NOT contact the EAP and/or did NOT arrive for a scheduled appointment.
- S/he refused to sign a release of information authorization that would allow the counselor to communicate with you.
In either case, it is entirely appropriate—and actually a good idea—for you to follow-up with the person. You might ask something like, "Were you able to reach the EAP and get an appointment?" Whatever the response, you will obtain information that will help you in your role as supervisor.
This form was developed in accordance with DHMC's Fitness for Duty Policy. Any supervisor who believes an employee may be unfit for duty should first review the policy before completing this form. Whenever possible, contact a representative from Occupational Medicine at (603) 653-3850 or Employee Relations at (603) 653-1570 for immediate assistance in complying with this policy.
See the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Policy Library on the intranet to review other Dartmouth-Hitchcock policies.
The Frontline Supervisor Newsletter
FrontLine Supervisor newsletter educates, trains, and helps supervisors in dealing with employees who are having difficulties on the job. It explains how to use the organization's employee assistance program (EAP) as a positive tool in the supervision relationship, how to improve employee productivity and morale, and how to boost team-oriented thinking.
For older issues, see the Newsletter Archive page.
Accessing Intranet Links:
- Health Improvement and Employee Wellness
- Live Well/Work Well Primary Care
- DHMC (Lebanon)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Improvement Program (HIP)
- Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Safety & Environmental Programs
- Workability Program
- D-H Concord, Manchester, & Nashua
- Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Occurrence Reporting
- Employee Feedback