Skip to main content
Dartmouth-Hitchcock logo
Taking Care In This Section

Work-Related Injuries, Illnesses, and Exposures

What to do if you are injured at work

  • Report the incident to your supervisor
  • Complete an electronic Report of Injury (eROI) as soon as possible.
  • Seek medical treatment as you feel necessary or as directed by your manager. You may be seen in the Occupational Medicine clinic in Nashua, please call 7-4166 to schedule an appointment. If Occupational Medicine is closed and you feel your injury necessitates an evaluation in the Urgent Appointments, please call Occupational Medicine on the next business day to follow-up and review your plan of care. If you choose not to be seen in Occupational Medicine, please seek care through your primary care provider. You may still be asked to follow up with Occupational Medicine if there are any questions about your safe return to work.

Employees who miss work due to a work-related incident should promptly contact the Workability Program.

If you choose to be treated in Occupational Medicine:

  • Acute injury - Call Occupational Medicine for urgent appointment.
  • Non-acute - Call Occupational Medicine for appointment.
  • New Hampshire and non-New Hampshire workers' compensation forms will be completed and given to the employee (minor first aid injuries excluded). Employees are instructed to bring the form to their supervisors for review.
  • Contact us at (603) 577-4166 for workers' compensation related questions and concerns..

If you choose to be treated by a provider outside of Occupational Medicine:

  • Worker's compensation form must be completed by treating provider. Please note: your provider may not be familiar with workers' compensation forms. When you schedule your appointment, please tell your provider that your injury is work related.
  • Employees review completed form with their supervisor.
  • Contact us at (603) 577-4166 for workers' compensation related questions and concerns.

Related Pages

Contact Us